Wrongfully convicted: February 21, 2001
Exonerated: April 14, 2010
Dwayne Provience was wrongfully convicted in 2001 for a murder on Detroit's northwest side.
His conviction was vacated and the charges were ultimately dismissed after it became clear that the police and prosecution had been aware that the murder in question was actually committed by someone else.
Dwayne became the Clinic’s third official exoneree in March 2010.
More details available at:
- The National Registry of Exonerations: Dwayne Provience
- Metro Times: "Tale of Two Homicides"
- Metro Times: "Provience's providence"
- Slate: "Doubly Wronged in Detroit"
- Legal News: "Attorney at Innocence Clinic films documentary about case"