All of us in the Admissions Office know how important the law school admissions process is to our applicants, and we take every aspect of their experience extremely seriously. While much of our work is invisible to the applicant, we work as a team to make sure our prospective students are treated with courtesy and care.
The Michigan Law School admissions staff would love to meet you and answer all your law school application questions live! We are offering a variety of ways for you to learn more about the admissions process and the Law School.
We hope to meet you soon!
We are hosting online workshops on most Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m. ET. You can join any of the following workshops here.
- Application process: what you need to submit, when to apply, and what our team does after it receives an application. (August 23, September 27, November 8)
- Personal statement: how application readers evaluate the personal statement, common mistakes to avoid, and what to do instead. (August 30, October 18, November 15)
- Why Michigan and General Q&A: why students choose Michigan Law followed by a general question and answer session; all questions welcome! (September 13, November 1, November 29)
- Financial aid: the types of financial aid available, factors to consider with debt management. (December 6)
The sessions are casual and informal, no registration is necessary, and you're welcome to enter and exit a session any time during the hour.
Student Hosted Zoom Drop-In Sessions
Connect with current Michigan Law students during a variety of themed Zoom drop-in sessions, which will be hosted every Tuesday and Thursday until mid-November. All times are listed in the Eastern Time Zone. You can join the Zoom here.
- Empire State of Mind: NYC to A2, or vice versa (October 3, 8-9PM and October 5, 12-1PM)
- California Dreamin': CA to A2, or vice versa (October 10, 8-9PM and October 12, 12-1PM)
- The 1L Experience (October 19, 12-1PM)
- Dual Degrees and Interdisciplinary Work (October 24, 8-9PM and October 26, 12-1PM)
- The First Gen Law Student Experience (October 31, 8-9PM and November 2, 12-1PM)
- Working outside the Law School as a GSI (November 7, 8-9PM and November 9, 12-1PM)
- Why I chose Michigan Law (November 14, 8-9PM and November 16, 12-1PM)
The sessions are casual and informal, no registration is necessary, and you're welcome to enter and exit a session any time during the hour. Our students are excited to meet you and answer your questions!
2023-2024 Event Schedule
Over the course of the fall we will be participating in a variety of in-person and virtual events hosted by a number of organizations; the evolving schedule, which will develop between June and August, is below.
If you would like us to consider adding an event that your school or organization is hosting, please contact us at email@example.com or 734.764.0537.
We'll continue to update this page with events throughout the season.
9/7/2023 9/8/2023 9/9/2023 9/18/2023 9/19/2023 9/20/2023 9/22/2023 9/22/2023
Notre Dame Law School Connections Fair
LSAC Forum - Chicago
9/26/2023 9/27/2023 9/28/2023 9/29/2023 College of William & Mary Graduate and Professional School Fair 9/30/2023
LSAC Law School Forum - Miami
10/2/2023 10/2/2023 10/4/2023 10/4/2023 University of Texas - El Paso Graduate and Professional School Fair 10/4/2023 10/4/2023 Western Michigan University Graduate and Professional School Fair 10/5/2023 Michigan State University Graduate and Law School Fair 10/5/2023
Morehouse College Law School Fair
10/5/2023 10/6/2023 10/6/2023
LSAC Forum - Atlanta, GA
Washington DC Law School Fair
Calvin College Pre-Law Day
LSAC Digital Forum*
10/13 - 10/14/2023
LSAC Forum - New York, NY
Greater Pittsburg Law Fair
University of Colorado-Boulder Law School Fair
10/24/2023 10/25/2023 University of California, Davis Graduate and Law School Fair 10/25/2023 10/26/2023 10/27/2023
Arizona State University Law School Fair
LSAC Forum - Los Angeles
University of Nevada-Las Vegas Law School Fair
Harvard Law School Night*
LSAC Digital Forum*
LSAC Forum - San Francisco, CA
Schedule a Law School Visit
If you would like to visit Michigan Law, we would be happy to welcome you! We can arrange an individual 30 minute appointment with an admissions counselor in person or via phone or Zoom. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734.764.0537 if you'd like to schedule an appointment and we will respond to your request within one business day. We are generally available for appointments Monday to Friday , 9:30AM to 4:30PM.
Use our online scheduling system to register for an in-person tour or class visit, each of which can be scheduled up to three weeks in advance. We recommend registering as early as you can once you solidify your travel plans (Mondays and Fridays tend to be the busiest days of the week!); however, if you are interested in scheduling a tour or class visit within two business days, please call our office at 734.764.0537 rather than using the online scheduling system. Because classroom space is limited, attendance for class visits is reserved for prospective students, applicants, and admitted students only. Please note that we are unable to accommodate same-day appointments. If you register for a tour or class visit and an individual appointment, we will attempt to schedule these events as close in time as possible.
Michigan Law is a mask-friendly space; we welcome you to wear a mask, and we ask for such decisions to be respected.
If you have questions about visiting or are interested in arranging a tour or virtual information session for a group, please contact us at email@example.com or 734.764.0537.